The Print Quarter, Chorley
Digital Print Production & Finishing Assistant
Do you enjoy practical tasks working with your hands? Are you neat & precise? If this sounds like you and you are looking for a career with good training and a long-term future then this company's friendly, hard-working team of top performers needs you and would like to meet you.
Based in Chorley, Lancashire, this firm is one of the area's top design and print providers with a reputation for producing top quality printed products and for giving excellent customer service. It serves many large, local and national organisations.
Full in-house training will be given in all aspects of the role. If you have no relevant work experience but do have the potential to be able to fulfil this role, you should still apply. For the right candidate this will be a long-term, permanent position.
- Handling design files and using the latest software and computer platforms to set up and run for digital print.
- Receiving and processing customers' files to make them ready for production.
- Working with the latest equipment to produce all kinds of printed work including business stationery, brochures, leaflets, posters, banners and promotional gifts.
- Liaison with the team to ensure high quality, on-time production and satisfied customers.
- Use of specialist finishing equipment to provide a top quality final product.
- Hours 3 x 7.5 hour days/week increasing to possibly 37.5 hours/week during busy periods, staff holidays and staff absence.
- Salary is dependent on experience but will be at least Minimum Wage.
- Full training will be given
The Successful Candidate will have
- At least 5 x GCSEs including grade C or above English & Maths
- An interest in or previous experience of working within an IT and/or design environment.
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage but is not essential. However please note that this is NOT a Design position.
- An outgoing, friendly personality and a can-do attitude.
- A high standard of personal organisation.
- The ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- The ability to lift boxes and stand up for certain periods of time whilst operating some machines
Please apply by email with your CV, stating current salary to Mrs Julia Gaudie, Director. email@example.com NO AGENCIES*In accordance with GDPR, we will destroy any unsuccessful candidate's CV and personal details 2 months after the post has been filled.